The 'youngest' of Mels' chapels. The first gift to a fund to build a chapel at Vorderberg was made by an unnamed donor in 1892 but the residents could not agree on the site. On 4th November 1928 a meeting of the church society decided on the existing site on the "Lütschbord". Architect Johannes Scheier from St. Gallen took charge of the building in 1938/39. The choice of the site with views of the Falknis, Gonzen and Alvier mountain chains, over the area around the lake and the Rhine, and behind over the Melserberg was a good one.
Time required: 1/2 Tag